Current:Home > MyZendaya Sets the Record Straight on Claim She Was Denied Entry to Rome Restaurant -InvestPioneer
Zendaya Sets the Record Straight on Claim She Was Denied Entry to Rome Restaurant
Burley Garcia View
Date:2025-04-07 04:28:27
Zendaya is dune with this rumor.
The actress' rep addressed a report claiming she was denied entry to a restaurant in Rome because her tube top didn't meet its strict dress code. As her rep told Page Six June 12, "This is completely false."
Zendaya, 26, also seemed to poke fun at the rumor on her Instagram Story by posting an illustration of a person asking "Source?" along with the response, "I made it up."
Meanwhile, her assistant Darnell Appling gave the details on what really went down, saying their group simply changed their mind about where they wanted to dine.
"Well this is a bald head lie," Darnell wrote on Instagram Story about the report. "We never got denied anywhere. We walked into the building [and] realized we ate there before when we seen the stairs. The same stairs Zendaya slipped on last year and posted about."
The Euphoria crew member explained, "We all wanted to try a new restaurant and went somewhere else to do so. We actually never went upstairs and interacted with anyone. We talked amongst ourselves in the downstairs lobby. This whole story is a lie."
While she may rue this restaurant fiasco, the Spider-Man star has otherwise been having a euphoric time in Italy over the past month.
In May, Zendaya left a pizza her heart in Venice after enjoying a romantic trip with boyfriend Tom Holland that included a boat ride with her puppy, Noon. The couple—who have been dating for two years—even showed some subtle PDA when she seemed to plant a kiss on Tom's cheek on the dock.
She also made an appearance at the Bulgari Mediterranea High Jewelry event in Venice alongside Anne Hathaway and Priyanka Chopra, before later heading to Rome to support the fashion brand at its Bulgari Hotel Roma opening June 8.
The Emmy winner actually suffered a fashion emergency ahead of the red carpet event, but thanks to a last-minute fashion save from her stylist Law Roach, she turned up flawlessly in a sparking black suit with a mesh-style top.
"Fun fact…my dress for tonight's Bulgari Hotels & Resorts event got lost in transit," she shared June 8. "So we got this suit an hour before the event. When in doubt, a Valentino suit."
See more of her show-stopping looks here.
Sign up for E! Insider! Unlock exclusive content, custom alerts & more!veryGood! (926)
Related
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- Modern Family’s Ariel Winter Teases Future With Boyfriend Luke Benward
- Nevada high court to review decision in ex-Raiders coach Jon Gruden’s lawsuit over NFL emails
- R. Kelly's Daughter Joann Kelly Alleges Singer Sexually Abused Her as a Child
- Pregnant Kylie Kelce Shares Hilarious Question Her Daughter Asked Jason Kelce Amid Rising Fame
- What’s behind the northern lights that dazzled the sky farther south than normal
- Massachusetts pharmacist gets up to 15 years in prison for meningitis outbreak deaths
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds donate $1 million to Hurricane Milton, Helene relief fund
- Trump issues order to ban transgender troops from serving openly in the military
- Kentucky woman is arrested after police find human remains in her mom’s oven and a body in the yard
Ranking
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- 'NBA Inside Stuff' merged NBA and pop culture before social media. Now it gets HOF treatment.
- Ex-US Army soldier asks for maximum 40 years in prison but gets a 14-year term for IS plot
- Hurricane Milton leaves widespread destruction; rescue operations underway: Live updates
- The FTC says 'gamified' online job scams by WhatsApp and text on the rise. What to know.
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds donate $1 million to Hurricane Milton, Helene relief fund
- Iowa teen who killed teacher must serve 35 years before being up for parole
- Vince Carter headlines 13 inductees into Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame this weekend
Recommendation
FACT FOCUS: Inspector general’s Jan. 6 report misrepresented as proof of FBI setup
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds donate $1 million to Hurricane Milton, Helene relief fund
Poland’s leader plans to suspend the right to asylum as country faces pressure on Belarus border
Ole Miss releases statement addressing 'feigned injuries'
Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
Vince Carter headlines 13 inductees into Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame this weekend
Golden Bachelorette's Guy Gansert Addresses Ex's Past Restraining Order Filing
Ohio State-Oregon, Oklahoma-Texas lead college football's Week 7 games to watch