Current:Home > MyBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -InvestPioneer
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Indexbit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-07 01:00:02
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (6198)
Related
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- AP Week in Pictures: Global
- Alabama set to execute convicted murderer, then skip autopsy
- Travel Influencer Aanvi Kamdar Dead at 27 After Falling 300 Feet Into Gorge
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- How is Scott Stapp preparing for Creed's reunion tour? Sleep, exercise and honey
- King Charles opens new, left-leaning U.K. Parliament in major public address after cancer diagnosis
- British Open 2024 recap: Daniel Brown takes lead from Shane Lowry at Royal Troon
- Are Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp down? Meta says most issues resolved after outages
- 2024 British Open tee times: When second round begins for golf's final major of 2024
Ranking
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- Bud Light slips again, falling behind Modelo and Michelob Ultra after boycott
- Flight Attendant Helps Deliver Baby the Size of Her Hand in Airplane Bathroom
- Georgia Democrats sue to overturn law allowing unlimited campaign cash, saying GOP unfairly benefits
- Romantasy reigns on spicy BookTok: Recommendations from the internet’s favorite genre
- Is Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul fight in jeopardy if Paul loses to Mike Perry?
- Harvey Weinstein due in NYC courtroom for hearing tied to upcoming retrial
- Migrant crossings continue to plunge, nearing the level that would lift Biden's border crackdown
Recommendation
'We're reborn!' Gazans express joy at returning home to north
Another Texas migrant aid group asks a judge to push back on investigation by Republican AG
Aurora Culpo Reveals Why She Was “Dumped” by Bethenny Frankel’s Ex Paul Bernon
Major League Soccer hopes new roster rules allow teams to sign more star talent
Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie return for an 'Encore,' reminisce about 'The Simple Life'
Beleaguered Olympic boxing has a new look in Paris: Gender parity, but the smallest field in decades
GOP convention sets the stage for the Democratic convention in Chicago, activists and police say
Is Mike Tyson vs. Jake Paul fight in jeopardy if Paul loses to Mike Perry?